Elmore Leonard said: I have a character in one of my books tell how she used to write historical romances ''full of rape and adverbs.''

Friday 20 July 2007

The First Time is the Hardest

It’s 2007, I’m 25 and in possession of a spanking new MacBook... the only question is, why didn’t I do this sooner?

Well, lot’s of reasons. Primarily, my life does not a lively, must-read blog make. We’re not talking The Intimate Confessions of a London Call Girl, or the Internal Musings of a Troubled Genius. More like, The Distracted Ramblings of a Timid Librarian. And if you want to know what I look like (ignore my alter ego in the profile for a moment, the gorgeous lady Colin Campbell), imagine a slightly quizzical sheep. Or - depending on the context - a mildly terrorized sheep. Or a hungry sheep.

Yes, it’s a bandwagon; yes, I’m leaping abroad.

And did I mention? I have an unhealthy obsession with romance novels, which I will attempt to review in this here blog.

No comments: